Chorlton Good Neighbours:
useful information and updates Feb/March 2018
Thursday coffee mornings; 10-11.30am :
- 1st March : Hear to help colleague Diane Whitehead here to check hearing aids and give new batteries, clean moulds and give advice . Please just turn up on the first Thursday of each month.
- Nurse Eileen Kendrick will be here most Thursday mornings during term time if anyone wants to see her. Just turn up or let me know you want some time with her.
- 15th March : Jackie Duncan , Housing & Care advisor talking about options as people get older
- 22nd March: Matthew Martin, estate planning from the Co op, on later life planning -Wills, power of attorney
Always on the first Thursday of the month 1.30-2.30pm
1st March : Eddie Little on the continued appeal of Big Band music , and in particular, the Ted Heath Band
5th April : Nicola Gardner on the history of Carnival , particularly Caribbean…
Do you fancy doing something a bit different?
Oswald Rd Primary school have made an offer to Chorlton Good Neighbours in the hope of furthering better intergenerational relationships. Basically, they have invited any of our older people to join them in one off lessons focussing on a specific theme, where you can just sit and watch / join in. I saw one which was on the pre-historic theme, and the children were so excited to see a chap in full caveman costume, handing out foam spears which would be used to knock over some wooden dinosaurs!!! all great fun…Here are a couple which you might like to go along and see:
- Thursday 15th March at 9.15am come and see ‘an animal intuition workshop’
- Friday 16th March 2-3pm you are invited to a music concert
Also, they have suggested a few people might like to go in on a more regular basis to watch /support some specific classes, so if you are interested in following this up or even going to see if this is for you then please let me know. I can get someone to go with you the first time or two, if that helps:
- Every Wednesday morning from 10.00am join the children in a music lesson led by teacher music teacher Mrs Murray
- Friday mornings, 10-11.30am the reception class invite 2 or 3 older people to go in and read with them, do puzzles and play games..
From April 2018, there will be no further funding for the exercise classes, but we will be making every effort to maintain them through the minimal £3 charge, and hopefully everyone attending as regularly as they can. In the meantime, I am in discussions with other care group colleagues and MACC about putting in a bid for some funds to support those valuable sessions. We do appreciate those people who continue to pay even when they miss a class but understand this may be difficult for some people.
Thanks as always for your support
Helen Hibberd, Co ordinator Tel : 881-2925 or email : email@example.com