Forthcoming events at Good Neighbours in July 2019
Thursday 4th July
The History talk at 1.30pm will be from Linda Carver who will talk about about Ancoats Dispensary and the history of Ancoats Hospital itself, and then onto the various campaigns to save the Dispensary including the one that she led 7 years ago, bringing things up to the present day. It sounds very interesting so please come along and bring anyone else who might like to hear about it.
There will be no talk in August, but we resume with the Autumn programme in September. See Flyer attached .
- Tuesday 2nd July : we have had an offer from Jane Dyer the Funeral Director at the Co op Hardy Lane, to take a few people along to ask any questions they like about funerals, the various processes and behind the scenes workings.etc. I realise this might not appeal to everyone but if one or two of you are interested please let me know . We would meet there 1.30pm .
- Thursday 4th July 10.30am we welcome Aidan McIllroy who is a newly appointed Community Sports Officer with GLL Better Leisure Manchester. As part of his role he has been tasked with reviewing the current senior citizens programmes and establishing an action plan to implement activities and access to services that will encourage senior citizens to lead a more active lifestyle.
As part of his outreach project he wants to engage and speak with groups that represent senior citizens to raise awareness of the importance of remaining active while ageing and the services available through GLL Better Leisure to encourage this. In particular, he is in the process of setting up a senior social/activity group at Hough End Leisure Centre – and he would like to both promote this, and hopefully gain insight from you into any barriers to access. He will be here from 10 if you wish to come down and chat with him before he talks .
- Thursday 4th July : our Hear to Help colleagues will be down from 9.30am checking hearing aids and giving out batteries and advice. Just come along.
- Monday 8th July our Positive Living Group, run by Life Coach Debra McCallion will be discussing the topic of kindness, how to harness it and the obvious benefits. 10-12 . All welcome
- Thursday 25th July 10.30, Ellen Martinez, Occupational Therapist with the Falls team will be here talking about falls prevention , how to keep safe and avoid trips and falls and hospital admissions. Again anyone can come along and chat with her.
Thanks you as always for your support to Chorlton Good Neighbours.
See you soon