Happy New year if we have not spoken .
1. This Thursday 12th at Coffee morning we will hopefully have a short talk from Andrew Pinches from Groundwork who will look at the support that is available to people , during the current cost of living crisis, as well as some info around the current Energy Price Guarantee and some tips around saving money in the home. All are welcome to hear him talk at 10.30am .
Aidan will also be running the digital drop in 10-12 for those of you who have any query whatsoever about your laptop or mobile , how to use apps or zoom or do online shopping and make Doctors appointments . Just turn up .
2. Monthly History talks : On Thursday 12th January Speaker Bernard Leach will be talking about 4 of the main Grade 1 listed buildings in Manchester at 1.30pm . Here is what he writes :
“Manchester has 15 Grade I listed buildings. In this talk I will take a look at four of those buildings. We all know of them, but not necessarily about their history and their importance to the City. I’ll start with Manchester Town Hall. I will look at its history but also the plans for its re-opening in 2024. Then I will look at the Holy Name RC Church on Oxford Road which has an interesting history linked to Irish immigration to the city in the 19th century. Finally, Time permitting, I will consider two of the city’s oldest buildings – Chetham’s School and Manchester Cathedral”.
If you wish to join us please use the link or codes below
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 856 5410 2491
3. Please find attached a booklet called Get up and Go which gives very useful information about staying steady / preventing falls . It is a clear read with plenty of interesting tips and strategies that we can all find useful
4. Our trip to the Devonshire Arms in Mellor on Monday February 13th is filling up now , with only a couple of spaces left . If you need to call in to pay for your place please can you do so fairly soon , and bring your food menu choices also.
5. Please remember to have a look at our website as it is updated fairly regularly with short videos of the various activities taking place here .
Take care everyone and thanks for your support