CGN Update for Jan 17th 2023
1. Local colleagues are running free defibrillator and CPR training on Monday 6th February 7-8.30pm at the Bowling Green pub . To book a place please ring Jenny Slee on 0757 087 9091
2.. Thursday 26th January 10.30am – Ann Knowles will be joining us for the morning, giving a short talk about her work with miniatures and she will be bringing along some examples of the miniature furniture and items she makes . Again all are welcome to come and chat with her and have a coffee.
3. Aidan will also be running the Digital drop in but it will be his last day with us so please come and say goodbye if you can. He has been an incredible addition to our team and we will miss him very much . We will still be running the Drop in with volunteers though so just turn up Thursdays between 10-11.30am .
4. If anyone has any good quality bric a brac and small fiction books for the stall we run on Thursday mornings , we would be glad to receive them. Sorry we can’t take clothes. People have also been donating unwanted Christmas gifts for our raffle and again we are really glad of those .
5. Our trip to the Devonshire Arms on Monday 13th Feb is now virtually full apart from a couple of spaces, so please get in touch if you fancy coming along for a ride out to Mellor and a nice meal …
Devonsire Arms, Mellor
6. On Thursday afternoons , as well as our Art group, one of the volunteers Leah is running a little craft session, making something different each week , with materials she brings. Both the Art and craft groups run from 1-2.30pm and we welcome anyone who would like to come and give it a go !
Thanks as always for your support