A BIG BIG THANK YOU to all Chorlton Good Neighbours volunteers and staff who, this past week, have supported local older people by :
- collecting prescriptions for them
- Doing shopping
- Making telephone calls to check they are ok
- taking emergency shopping packs out ( thank you Morrisons)
- knocked at the door to check how people are
- delivering a newsletter with information about what support CGN can offer, and tips for exercises and activities to do during the current situation.
One of our older service users Betty emailed to say “please say “Thank you” to all the volunteers from me. I had a phone call from a volunteer today and it makes a big difference just to hear another voice.”
And the daughter of one of our most vulnerable service users, who was worried about getting some shopping to her mum wrote “Thank you so much for the prompt reply . To all the other lovely volunteers I salute you ” Absolutely !!!
Also huge thanks to Brookburn Primary who asked their children to each bring in some tinned or dry goods to support the community effort….and what an effort that was . CGN is now storing these supplies and will be delivering them out to local older residents over the coming weeks. Please get in touch if you know anyone who needs some support 881-2925 or email email@example.com